오늘의 QT

오늘의 양식
2017.08.03 03:22:04
묵상나눔터 | 정기구독신청 | 인쇄하기  

03 August Thu, 2017
Peace and Trust
[ 1 John ] - hymn408
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
John 14:27
When I was six years old I rode a roller coaster for the first time with my older brothers. As soon as we hit a turn at a high speed I started to yell: “Stop this thing right now! I want to get off!” Of course the roller coaster didn’t stop, and I had to “white knuckle” it, hanging on tight for the rest of the ride.
Sometimes life can feel like an unwanted roller coaster ride, with “downhill” drops and hairpin curves we never see coming. When unexpected difficulties occur, the Bible reminds us that our best recourse is to place our trust in God. It was in a tumultuous time when invasion threatened his country that the prophet Isaiah, inspired by the Spirit, discerned this powerful promise from the Lord: “You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you”(Isa. 26:3).
The peace our Savior gives us as we turn to Him “transcends all understanding”(Phil. 4:7). I will never forget the words of a woman who was struggling with breast cancer. After a group from our church prayed for her one evening, she said, “I don’t know what will happen, but I know that I’ll be okay, because the Lord was here with us tonight.”
Life will have its difficulties, but our Savior, who loves us more than life, is greater than them all. James Banks

• Dear Lord, please help me to trust in You today, so that I may live and thrive in the peace that You give.
Jesus is our peace.
1. In that day this song will be sung in the land of Judah: We have a strong city; God makes salvation its walls and ramparts.
2. Open the gates that the righteous nation may enter, the nation that keeps faith.
3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.
4. Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD, is the Rock eternal.
5. He humbles those who dwell on high, he lays the lofty city low; he levels it to the ground and casts it down to the dust.
6. Feet trample it down -- the feet of the oppressed, the footsteps of the poor.
7. The path of the righteous is level; O upright One, you make the way of the righteous smooth.
8. Yes, LORD, walking in the way of your laws, we wait for you; your name and renown are the desire of our hearts.
9. My soul yearns for you in the night; in the morning my spirit longs for you. When your judgments come upon the earth, the people of the world learn righteousness.
2017년 08월 03일 (목)
평안과 신뢰
[ 요한1서 ] - 찬송가 408장
평안을 너희에게 끼치노니 곧 나의 평안을 너희에게 주노라 내가 너희에게 주는 것은 세상이 주는 것과 같지 아니하니라 너희는 마음에 근심하지도 말고 두려워하지도 말라
요한복음 14:27
나는 여섯 살 때 형들과 처음으로 롤러코스터를 타 보았습니다. 우리가 타고 있는 롤러코스터가 빠른 속도로 방향을 틀자마자, 나는 “당장 멈춰! 나 내릴 거야!”라고 소리 지르기 시작했습니다. 물론 롤러코스터는 서지 않았고, 나는 그것이 멈출 때까지 “새파랗게 질리도록” 단단히 움켜잡고 있었습니다.
가끔은 인생이 ‘내리막길’이나 전혀 보이지 않는 급커브길이 있는, 원치 않는 롤러코스터를 타는 것과 같다고 느껴질 때가 있습니다. 생각지도 않았던 어려움이 닥칠 때, 우리의 최선의 의지는 하나님께 우리의 신뢰를 두는 것이라고 성경은 상기시켜줍니다. 이사야 선지자는 나라가 침략으로 위협을 당하던 혼란한 시기에, 성령의 감동으로 다음과 같은 주님으로부터의 능력 있는 약속을 알게 되었습니다. “주께서 심지가 견고한 자를 평강하고 평강하도록 지키시리니 이는 그가 주를 신뢰함이니이다”(사 26:3).
우리가 “모든 지각에 뛰어난”(빌 4:7) 주님께로 향할 때, 구주께서는 우리에게 평강을 주십니다. 나는 유방암으로 힘들어하던 어떤 분의 말을 결코 잊을 수 없을 것입니다. 어느 날 저녁 몇 명의 교회 사람들이 모여 그녀를 위한 기도를 마쳤을 때 그녀는 이렇게 말했습니다. “앞으로 무슨 일이 일어날지 모르지만, 오늘 저녁 주님이 우리와 함께 하셨기 때문에 저는 괜찮을 거라고 믿어요.”
삶 속에 어려움은 여전히 있겠지만, 삶보다 우리를 더 사랑하시는 우리 구주는 그 모든 어려움보다도 더 크신 분이십니다.

• 주님, 평안 가운데 지낼 수 있도록 주님을 신뢰하게 도와주소서.
예수님은 우리의 평강이시다.
1. 그 날에 유다 땅에서 이 노래를 부르리라 우리에게 견고한 성읍이 있음이여 여호와께서 구원을 성벽과 외벽으로 삼으시리로다
2. 너희는 문들을 열고 신의를 지키는 의로운 나라가 들어오게 할지어다
3. 주께서 심지가 견고한 자를 평강하고 평강하도록 지키시리니 이는 그가 주를 신뢰함이니이다
4. 너희는 여호와를 영원히 신뢰하라 주 여호와는 영원한 반석이심이로다
5. 높은 데 거주하는 자를 낮추시며 솟은 성을 헐어 땅에 엎으시되 진토에 미치게 하셨도다
6. 발이 그것을 밟으리니 곧 빈궁한 자의 발과 곤핍한 자의 걸음이리로다
7. 의인의 길은 정직함이여 정직하신 주께서 의인의 첩경을 평탄하게 하시도다
8. 여호와여 주께서 심판하시는 길에서 우리가 주를 기다렸사오며 주의 이름을 위하여 또 주를 기억하려고 우리 영혼이 사모하나이다
9. 밤에 내 영혼이 주를 사모하였사온즉 내 중심이 주를 간절히 구하오리니 이는 주께서 땅에서 심판하시는 때에 세계의 거민이 의를 배움이니이다

8월 : 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

본 메일은 SWIM 메일 수신에 동의하신 분에게만 발송되는 발신전용 메일입니다.
메일 수신을 원치 않으시면 www.swim.org에 접속, QTLife>QT신청하기>메일그만받기(바로가기)에서 직접 처리하시거나, swim@swim.org로수신 거부 메일을 보내주시기 바랍니다.

Mailing service : SWIM | Tel : 02-796-3217 | Email : swim@swim.org | Update : 이영미, 조용윤
제공 : RBC Ministries, 오늘의 양식사 | Tel : 031-780-9565~8 | Email : odb@hcc.or.kr
"To read other issues of Our Daily Bread, visit us at www.rbc.net"
All Rights Reserved 한국 오늘의 양식사